Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Does the Easter Bunny Exist???

This year Easter came so fast, but I was more prepared than I ever have been before (I know - crazy)!!! I had everything bought and ready to be put out and the egg coloring had been in the pantry for weeks - so I was pretty proud of myself. That is, until Kendalyn came up to me and proudly announced that she thought I was the Easter Bunny! At first I acted like I didn't know what she was talking about, but then, I could tell that she wanted the truth - so just like that, the Easter Bunny is "no more" for Kendalyn. She really was good about making it fun for Adri though. I had to laugh each time she would say "oh, look what the Bunny gave us Adri", and then she would give me a smile and mouth "thank you". I guess she really is growing up:)





The "Easter Bunny" found these cute plates that you can decorate and actually use - cute!

6 comments:

Natalie Winquist said...

Julie- That is hilarious!! Jessie posed the exact same question/accusation to me!! She said it was her teacher at school that told her that her parents are really the Easter bunny? Oh well! I stink though cause it totally took me by surprise & since she said it in front of Sadie- all I could think of to say was "Well- I guess if you don't believe in the Easter bunny- then he doesn't have to bring you a basket" That made her leave the whole topic alone- really fast!! What a nerd I am!! -Your kids looked adorable! I could just eat Grady up!! I love the plates! Where did ya get them? Cute post!! xoxo-nat

Unknown said...

So cute Jules! Wow they are getting so big!

AJ Gorham said...

Sounds like your little lady is growing up. I am very unsure about Jake's belief in the "bunny" and "Santa" for that matter. I think he still believes...or maybe he just has me fooled real good? He is 10!!! Cute story!? Thanks for sharing.

lisa said...

Cute Jules! Where did you get those cute plates? I think that would be a perfect project for the girls! Hailey knows about the dang bunny, and the tooth fairy...

Jenny H said...

Abby found all her Christmas presents this year...So I had to hide them in the Harris' basement.
I lied too Nat...and told her that I had "no idea" what the enourmous Toys R Us bag was doing in my closet.
They grow up too fast.

Todd and Melissa said...

How funny! I guess you can't ever be too prepared. That's great about how she made it "fun" for Adri. I think she's pretty mature!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...