Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ticket to Ride



Last night, Spence's brother Danny and his cute wife Emily came over to play one of our favorite games - Ticket to Ride. Spence and I absolutely love to play games, but really I hate to teach a new game (I am what you might call impatient), so we were totally lovin' it that Danny and Em already knew how to play. Lately I have been a major loser with this game - I have lost by sometimes more than 50 points to the winner, but not last night:) We played two games, and really, I won't talk much about the first game (congrats Danny), but the second was amazing (at least for me). My ending score was 163 (you can't see the 100's in the picture, but trust me), and I have never been that high before, and for those of you who know the game (Todd and Melissa) that is pretty darn good. So, there is my hightlight of the week and I now have pictures for proof. Thanks Danny and Em for a fun night!!!



7 comments:

Mike Matthews said...

You married people are just too crazy out of control!!

Please send Bongos my love.

Amanda B. said...

I'm totally with you on being impatient on teaching people new games. I also hate LEARNING new games for the same reason- impatient!

We've never played this but have heard it's fun. Congrats on the win!

Todd and Melissa said...

Congrats Jules! And I like your hair! I think it turned out really cute. :)

Natalie Winquist said...

I'm way to impatient to learn new stuff- thus explains the brand spanking new "Ticket to Ride" game in my game closet that is currently collecting dust on it's pretty plastic wrapping! What a shame!! I'll have to read the directions- then get together with you & Spence so you can kick our butts! ;0) Love the new hair!! Exremely cute!!

holly said...

We love Ticket to Ride...it is so much better than Settlers, in my opinion.
we'll have to play when we move next summer. :)

Rosemary and Rick said...

I am thinking that might be Rick's Christmas present this year! Haven't heard of that game out here, so we will start the trend!

Jenny H said...

Blair and I actually love to play games, and haven't in forever. I haven't even heard of this game!
Sounds like fun - especially if you won, right?:)

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...