Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday GRANDMA!!


My sweet "little" grandma just turned the big 85 last week and I just had to post about how great she is. She is such an amazing person, and I love that she is still healthy and totally involved in life. I have always been really close to her, especially when I was younger and all of my cousins were dreadful boys (not now, but when you are 10 they are:). The girls were all a bit younger and so it was just me. When we came to visit, all of my siblings would be off to have fun slumber parties with their cousins and I would sit and cry, but my grandma (and grandpa) would have me sleep over and they used to make it so much fun for me that I would completely forget about my sadness.



Now that I have kids, my grandma is still close to me and she always supports us in all we do. She comes to dance recitals, musicals, and even school programs and I really appreciate that she takes the time to come and also because my mom doesn't live close by. My kids just love her and I think they are so lucky to have such an involved great-grandma that they can know and remember.



She is also very funny and witty. There is never a time that I am with her, that I don't end up laughing about something she says or tells me about. I love that, and I love YOU grandma - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your post about Grandma! Oh I miss her! Isn't she the best! Cute pics! Miss you Jules!

Lori said...

I'm so sad we couldn't come to her birthday party- we had a water heater problem that needed to be fixed (broken pipes are a bad thing!) I'm sure Grandma is having fun now with Jean and Diane visiting my Mom. I'm glad they love to travel together!

Todd and Melissa said...

We love grandma too! She really is a cute little grandma! :)

Cindy said...

Aw. Julie. That was really sweet. It's a SHOCK that I got a little choked up...I realize. But thanks for the post. Super sweet. And it's fun to see some photos of Grandma. We all love her!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so sweet! I want to hug her! I love little grandma's!
ANd your right Riv and Adri should hook up! So should we actually. When? And I don't mean VT!

Lori Conger said...

Aren't grandmas wonderful? I still have all four grandparents, although I know their days are limited. It's so great you have such a close relationship with her. She's such a cute little grandma!

Amanda B. said...

What a sweet post about grandma. I always tell Grandma that I hope I grow up to be just like her. :)

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...