Yes folks, Grady is our first official recipient of a broken bone in our family! Poor guy - he broke it on Friday at Barnes Park (when we pass it now, he says "cas"). The story goes like this: I was busy (literally for 2 minutes) putting away the blanket and chairs and I couldn't see around the corner of the playground slide where I knew Adri and Grady were playing. All of the sudden, I hear crying and I can tell it's my Grady, so I race over and there is Adri and Grady both lying on their backs in the bark underneath about a 4-foot ledge. I guess Adri wanted him to jump to her and she would "catch" him. I guess the "catch" part didn't really happen. I could tell his arm really hurt because he wouldn't move it AND he kept crying which really isn't like Grady. He normally cries for a minute and runs off like nothing has happened. Anyway, we came home and I called the doctor, but they were at lunch, so I put Grady down for a nap, because that was all he wanted. He woke up about an hour later, and my neighbor who is a nurse, came over and looked at it and thought it looked a little swollen. Just then, my doctor called and told us to come in. He got x-rays taken and was such a mellow guy about the whole thing. They then told us that he has a "Buckle Fracture" in his ulna and radius and that it is better than a snap. So, that's about it. He got his cute green cast on (we tried for red, but they were out) and he was fascinated the whole time. He's gotten tons of attention and is doing quite well at doing everything he normally does. He gets it off June 12th - but in the meantime we think it's pretty darn CUTE!!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
BROKEN!!
Yes folks, Grady is our first official recipient of a broken bone in our family! Poor guy - he broke it on Friday at Barnes Park (when we pass it now, he says "cas"). The story goes like this: I was busy (literally for 2 minutes) putting away the blanket and chairs and I couldn't see around the corner of the playground slide where I knew Adri and Grady were playing. All of the sudden, I hear crying and I can tell it's my Grady, so I race over and there is Adri and Grady both lying on their backs in the bark underneath about a 4-foot ledge. I guess Adri wanted him to jump to her and she would "catch" him. I guess the "catch" part didn't really happen. I could tell his arm really hurt because he wouldn't move it AND he kept crying which really isn't like Grady. He normally cries for a minute and runs off like nothing has happened. Anyway, we came home and I called the doctor, but they were at lunch, so I put Grady down for a nap, because that was all he wanted. He woke up about an hour later, and my neighbor who is a nurse, came over and looked at it and thought it looked a little swollen. Just then, my doctor called and told us to come in. He got x-rays taken and was such a mellow guy about the whole thing. They then told us that he has a "Buckle Fracture" in his ulna and radius and that it is better than a snap. So, that's about it. He got his cute green cast on (we tried for red, but they were out) and he was fascinated the whole time. He's gotten tons of attention and is doing quite well at doing everything he normally does. He gets it off June 12th - but in the meantime we think it's pretty darn CUTE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Piano Recital
We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...
-
Does this picture make you cringe like it does me?? Ugh, I never wanted to be "the parent who couldn't handle their kid", and ...
-
We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...
6 comments:
What a little champ! I love this little guy and I'm SO happy I got to see the cuties for a few days! Love you Julie!! Get better soon Grady boy!
Oh my gosh. I was just at that park last Wednesday, and was saying how the four foot ledge/opening of doom needed to disapear from that playground. Why is that there???
He does look so stinking cute in that cast..
think it's cute in person and think it's cuter on film!! so sad, but he looks like a little stud! what a tough guy!!
We think it's pretty darn cute too! :)
Yea, I was with Jenny and that ledge is scarry! What are they thinking? You should sue.
That cast really is adorable. And how sweet of Adri to try and catch him! Only a big sister!
We should got to the park together, but we'll go to the castle park!!
Cute little Grady! I also heard that he got stung by a bee at Diane's house. Poor little guy had a rough week!
Post a Comment