Well, it is that time again - time to get rid of that retched binky! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the binky from the time they are born until about 2, after that it just becomes a BIG, FAT, PAIN - which is precisely why it was time to dispose of it. Grady kept getting this rash around his mouth from putting the binky on the side of his mouth and letting it hang out there with his lovely saliva - and, frankly, I had been debating on the timeline of the binky disposal anyway, so it worked out perfect!
With each of our kids, we have had a "Binky Party" to get rid of it. We give them ice cream and make a HUGE deal out of the whole thing. THEY get to use the "big" scissors and cut it themselves and we take pictures and get the whole thing on camera - it really is quite the production, but it WORKS!! It has been gone for over a week now and although naps are a bit harder(at least he IS still having them - YEA) he is doing GREAT!!! Sometimes he says "binky, bye-bye" with a bit of sadness in his voice, but we just clap and tell him what a BIG boy he is and talk about the "party" - and just like that, he moves on...
8 comments:
Ah...the binkie ritual. He looks so cute with his ice cream! Heck, I'd do about anything for a tub-o-ice cream!
I remember when the binky went bye-bye with Kendalyn. Good idea for the party, I never even thought of those good idea's with my kids, it was pure torture getting rid of the binky. He really is so cute!!! Hope your enjoying a few short hours of freedom when he naps!!
aaahhhhh, I love this day! Good bye bink! FOREVER!
Buddy Boy!!!!!! I can picture him is all his freaking cuteness, getting that sweet sad voice and with those eyes, 'binky bye bye'. Oh!!! So cute!!! I will defiantly throw a bye bye binks party someday. Maybe you'll have to plan it though! I know how you LOVE the planning :)
Love ya Julie!!!!!
Such an awesome idea Jules! I am going to remember that for our kids someday. You are such a cute mom, good job!
Great idea! I get so nervous about binky addiction, I usually start weaning my poor babies at about a year or maybe 18 months. I had a neice who had one when she was three, and it was horrible, so I've been panicked ever since. Glad Grady has moved on. And I love Kendalyn's room--very cute!
Binky party? Sounds like a fab idea! :)
A binki party! That is a great idea. I love it! I'm going to pass it on to a sister-in-law. Her daughter is 4 and still has it (and needs it almost everywhere). Ridiculous if you ask me.
Post a Comment