
Does this picture make you cringe like it does me?? Ugh, I never wanted to be "the parent who couldn't handle their kid", and I know that is a total judgement and a rude one at that, but this is how I have always felt. I would see these parents and their wild little "animals" at Disneyland and think "seriously, just WATCH them"!!
And then I had Grady... Now I totally get it.
We are headed down to that Magical Place soon - SHHHHH... it's a SURPRISE - and I can't decide if I can live without this Leash for Grady. I mean, sure we'll keep a good eye on him at all times, but what if...??? I don't want to just leave it to chance - so what do you think?? Leash or no Leash? And, what kind and where do I get them?? I need thoughts y'all!!!
13 comments:
Oh, I so know how you feel, as I have been blessed with my crazy CJ. How brave you are to be heading to the most magical place on earth, yea though, that will be fun. I say do it, take one "just in case". I mean, you can only have him locked in a stroller before he goes crazy and drives you crazy as well. I don't know, just better to be prepared!
I'm sure you know my thoughts on this from reading my blog, but I am all for the "leash." I was also skeptical at first and didn't feel a "need" for it until I had Halle. I have used it several times with my crazy gal and it really has helped. She actually likes it and calls it her "puppy backpack" because it is a cute little puppy dog. I don't really care what other people think when they see her with it on. I just want to keep my kiddos safe and it has definitely helped me accomplish that. Also, I've been surprised at how many people use them. You won't be the only one- I promise. Just my two cents. :)
Just do it. It'll ease your mind!
P.S. Target has them. They are $11. I just sent you an email with the link.
safe if far better than lost.
Buddy will probably feel like a cool cat w/ his 'backpack' on! He won't even realize there's a leash attached...that is...until he actually attempts the run off! Then he'll be stopped in his tracks and wonder what happened. You should end clear w/out any post traumatic stress in his future. I think all signs are leading to "THE LEASH!!"
I think it is a good idea. I had the same feelings as you. We are leaving to Disneyland on Monday with my whole family and my niece is all over the place. My sister in law was hesitant,but decided to buy one. I think it is better to know Grady is safe when he wants to walk around!
Yes to the leash! I thought the same thing until I had children. We bought one before going on vacation to Boston-my son was almost 2. He knew that if he wanted out of the stroller, he had to wear it. He was ok with that because it gave him just enough freedom. I have a cute one from Wal-Mart that looks like a monkey backpack-you can find it in the baby section. It worked great! My other son can't stand it but he is usually content to stay in the stroller. We got every type of look and comment imaginable but I didn't care-my kid was safe and I stayed sane. :)
I would totally do the leash. We just went to Disneyland in October and I am so glad that we had Cameron on a leash. I know...it sounds bad to say you put your child on a leash, but it's so much better than having them get lost. We got the monkey backpack as well. Have Fun!!! BTW, love the Christmas music!
WOW...I am kind of shocked at all the pro-leash commenters. I grew up with a dog, and she had a leash. Maybe you could make Grady sleep outside and drink from a bowl too...;)
Have fun in the best place on earth!
All I'm sayin is, I've lost my kids before and nothing is worth the "heart ripped out of your chest" feeling!
Ps they're not "leashes". They are "safety restraints"!
Get it!!! My only advice would be to get it well in advance of Disneyland and let him get used to it. And also, take a simple umbrella stroller or get one once you're there, those little toes get tired in a hurry and it's a great place to throw all the crap you buy! LOL Have fun! And please post pictures of the "safety restraints"!!!!
i too feel the debate...ultimatly it comes down to your child and his safety. as a mother i'd do whatever it was to keep my kids safe and i would give a rats behind what anyone else thought. i'm sure you'll feel the need to explain yourself...i can only imagine how you'll cring buying it...ahhh. let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment