So, we are now WAY into summer and what a weird and great summer it has been! Weird, because we no longer live in a house, we live in a basement - very nice, but FREEZING because it is after all, a basement, and our kids have no friends and we really have no ward (not that this Farmington ward hasn't been great though:) Great, because we have done a ton of fun stuff and I haven't minded the no house, no friends, no ward thing too much at all.
We stared off with a fun Thurgood reunion at the end of June and my whole family was there. We went to Mesa Falls one day and basically just hung out the rest of the time. The kiddos had a blast being together, and even if all Brent did was work, it was still fun to see him:) Like he reads this anyway....
The 4th of July was great with the annual Kaysville parade, the Summerhays family bbq, and the Kaysville fireworks. I love fireworks put to music - it is SO much better!
Spencer's parents finally got home the next week from being mission pres. in Florida and it was SO fun to see them again and have them be home. We got to go pick them up at the airport and the kids were so excited - they loved it. We came home to their house FULL of Summerhays cousins with signs and everyone waving and jumping - cute!!
And just this last weekend, we went up to St. Anthony, ID for the 24th of July parade and also to see the Blue Angels show - it was all a lot of fun. I think all of Idaho might have been at the air show though... My cute sister Cindy also came up and it was so good to see her and her cuteness!
Anyhoo - that's been our summer so far and I am hoping for some fun-filled (only) 31/2 weeks to come!!
2 comments:
I do too.
Ah!!! I've missed out on all the blogging julie!! I love it! And, even more, I love Brent's comment :)
Post a Comment