Monday, March 14, 2011

A Basketball Star??

Well, maybe not quite a star, but we were pretty darn proud of Kendalyn in Jr. Jazz this year.  First off, I couldn't even believe it when she said she wanted to do it - I mean, she does tend to take after me and I am not sporty AT ALL.  But, I guess they shoot a little at recess, so she thought it would be fun.  I think her sweet little team has only now won 2 games, but they try really hard.  Now, Spence kind of gets driven a little crazy at her games because she not very aggressive - another me trait, but I think it's an okay one:)  She tends to watch a bit, but at least she's running and in the game versus her little stint in soccer (not our proudest parent moments:)!  But then, last week, when we even had Grandma and Grandpa in attendance, she makes a shot!!  We couldn't believe it because she rarely gets to even touch the ball in her games!  We were jumping and clapping and SO PROUD!!!  They are 10 ft. baskets and her team, all but one, is about the shortest in their age group, so it is quite a feat to get it up there, but she DID IT!!  I know this is a total gloat post, but seriously, this mom who doesn't play an ounce of basketball is just in awe!!!  Way to go Kendalyn!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Yo!!!!!! Scott and I are smiling at the post julie! GO KENDALYN!!! We'll have to play a bit when we come out. We wish we could've been there to see the shot!

Much love.
GO JR. JAZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Jenny H said...

That's awesome.:) Good Job Kendalyn!

Mitchell Family said...

that's not gloating!! Go Kendalyn!!!

Amanda B. said...

Loved this post, Julie. Go Kendalyn!!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...