Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Little Mexican Getaway...

Last February, we went on a little excursion to Mexico with Todd and Melissa. We have done this a few times before and decided it was time to go back to this amazing resort - it didn't disappoint!! We always have an amazing time together - the boys go on snorkeling and diving adventures and Melissa and I sit on the beach or go to the spa - we like it this way:) We did venture out on a small catamaran one day and Melissa and I almost clocked a few times when they had to change directions - and we got soaked - really funny!
This time we decided to check out one of the adventure parks in the Cancun area - they have a few - and we chose Xplor. It has a ton of zip lines that just connect to each other in this huge park. You climb up these towers and then just go - it was a little scary the first time, because they aren't all about the safety there, but after one time, I was good. We also were in these caves with canoes and people were ramming into these ancient walls -we were thinking "only in Mexico". We got to drive these ATVs too and that was a blast. They had cameras ALL over the place. We soon found where they were going to be and started posing - I loved it!!
The funniest moments of the trip that I can remember were:  one night as we were watching a "Madonna" performance at one of the nightly shows, these two old men in front of us were completely OUT cold! We could not stop laughing and had to get a pic - so funny. Another funny moment was when the boys went diving and Melissa and I did a spa day. They had us go in this water rotation pool and one of the rotations was so strong, we were literally getting knocked over and our bathing suits were coming off. Then after we had been in the sauna, they wanted us to poor ice on ourselves - AS IF!! We skipped that one and just pretended that we did it - super funny!!



























2 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad you posted about this trip. It was super fun and definitely had some super funny moments. I'm dying over the two old guys asleep at the show—too funny! I wish we could go again right now. LOVED it!

Cindy said...

Fun post! I like the four of you!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...