Monday, July 14, 2008

My Few Minutes on T.V.!!!


Grandma and I on our "soft"seats - really a hard bench


The "girls" during a commercial break


Me, Melissa's sister, her mom, Melissa, Todd, and Grandma(sitting)

So, last week, my cousin's wife (Melissa) was on GTU (Good Things Utah) doing a recipe, it is a morning talk show here. She has written a few cook books, and the latest is 101 Things to do with Gelatin. Anyway, I have always wanted to go to the show, so this was my chance. I took my cute Grandma with me and we had a blast. I loved being in the audience and seeing how everything works - so fun. Melissa ended up doing a great job and she looks great on T.V. too. Grandma was lucky enough (she thinks it was unlucky:), to sit behind and in front of some birthday girls in the audience and they show them at the end of the show, so Grandma was on camera for quite a while. She didn't really like that, but it was fun and my kids loved seeing us on real T.V.!!!

7 comments:

Natalie Winquist said...

I still think you should be a guest host on GTU cause you're too cute & I think being on TV agrees with you!! How fun for you & lucky too to have your cute grandma there with you sharing that cool experience!!

Todd and Melissa said...

I'm glad you came and that you brought grandma—not mention your camera! These are way cute pics. Can you email them to me? :)

Jenny H said...

That is so cute Julie. You do look really pretty in those pictures! Fun to have your grandma there with you, I bet she had a blast.

Mitchell Family said...

i'm sure grandma JUST LOVED BEING ON TV!!! gotta love her attitude, i think we are kindred spirits her and i!!!

Amanda B. said...

I TIVOED the show and Leah kept demanding that we watch it over and over so she could see "great-grandma" again. So nice of you to take her. You looked SO CUTE too. The camera definitely agrees with you. :)

AJ Gorham said...

Congrats Julie! So did they ask you to join the show...they should have!!!!!!!!

lisa said...

grandma looks so cute! she should have a regular tv spot eh??

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...