Friday, January 23, 2009

My MIS-Adventures with Grady Boy!

This month has been quite the adventure or MIS-adventure with Grady. I mean, who knew that one tiny little person could create such problems and messes - I DIDN'T!! When I found out I was having a boy, everyone said how much easier they were than girls, and granted, that seemed to be the case until he turned 1. Now, it seems like 2 or 3 girls at age 2 would be easier than this boy. Here is my list of the things Grady has either gotten into, broken, or just plain made a mess of already in this month - can't wait for February:)
1. Dumped an entire box of Cheerios (it was new) out downstairs and then threw the Cheerios as far as he could.
2. Sprayed Orange Glo (a really GREASY cleaning product for cabinets) onto my laundry room floor and after two mopping sessions is still slippery.
3. Tipped over the lamp for about the 12th time, but this time was the kicker and it broke the shade.
4. Tore his gum into tiny pieces and then put in his hair - this was a FUN one.
5. Took Spencer's red pen and wrote all over the kithen floor - this has happened twice since.
6. Moved a tall stool over to the vitamin cabinet and tried to open all of the bottles - luckily he did not succeed.
7. Dumped Downy on the laundry room floor - this technically made the room smell great, but again with the slippery floor!
8. Learned how to open doors - this is too sad to talk much about - as the girl's bedroom door does not have a lock - guess those ugly white kiddie cover knobs are coming out.
9. Took Kendalyn's COLORED lip gloss and put it in his hair - he has a thing with his hair - it was bright and greasy and PINK.
10. And finally, today as I was exercising, he decided to come upstairs and even though Adri assured me about 4 times that he was just playing, decided to take off his pants and then his DIAPER and run wild through the house! I haven't found or felt anything wet - yet, but I guess I learned my lesson about having a 5-year old tell me what is happening with the T.V. on!

Guess what folks, he is not even 2 yet! I promise I really do watch him closely, especially since this is not the first month of this kind of behavior, but he is super sneaky. I do love him though, and I am already sort-of laughing at the craziness he has brought into our house - good memories right???


His Favorite Toy that is not a TOY

Another Favorite Toy that is not a TOY

Looking SUPER CUTE in his Sunday Stuff

Who couldn't just LOVE this KID!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish I could say "I totally know", but my kids are perfect! uh huh. Actually, one of my all time favorite things is coloring on the walls, so we have a lot of it at our house!!
But how could we not love such adorable little faces and Grady's is the cutest!!

holly said...

Think of it this way...Grady does all those things without you knowing because you have a nice big house! :)...I can always see my kids wherever they are inside, so they don't get in that kind of mischief. Have I mentioned that I need MORE SPACE????

Todd and Melissa said...

Man that Grady is crazy! But, like you say, he is so cute, so you gotta love him—crazy or not.

He looks really dapper in his little Sunday clothes. :)

Amanda B. said...

Okay, that last picture of him totally melts my heart! I am so sorry for all the mischief he is causing. It made me tired just reading the list!

Unknown said...

Why does it make me feel better to hear about the naughty things other kids do? (this is from Ris by the way..not Vaughn)

Natalie Winquist said...

Wow- Jules- need a nap yet?? I would, that's for sure!! Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he made Grady so freaking cute! He knew that he'd be keeping you on your toes and he wanted to make sure Grady made it thru to old age without his parents strangling him! haha!

Mitchell Family said...

i was thinking he was a little crazy until i saw your last two pics...what a handsome little devil. forgive him...he's too cute! by the way, let me know what things work to keep him away from all this stuff, i'd like to impliment it as soon as possible in hopes of avoiding these types of events entirely!

Michelle said...

Sounds like he keeps you on your toes for sure! That pic of him is so adorable! He is getting so big!

Tanalyn said...

That sounds exhausting!!! Now just go ahead and add 2 (3, in reality) to the bunch and hold on tight!!!

o said...

That is so funny! I go through the same things with my Grady. I feel like I can never get the house clean because all I do is clean up mess after mess. This is going to be long but I have a funny boy story to tell you. One of Kev's mission companions has 3 girls and 1 boy. The wife is always suprised at what boys can do. A couple of months ago her little boy (4) was in the shower with his dad but wouldn't wash his hair. After a few minutes of trying to figure out why, the little boy told him that he had gone pee in the shampoo bottle a couple of days before. Meanwhile her and her hubby had been washing their hair with pee shampoo for the last couple of days! All she had to say was never once had her girls decided to pee in odd places. Oh the fun of BOYS!

The Diehl Family said...

So classic, Jules! I LOVED this post! Grady is TOO cute and yes, my sweet and adorable Joshua and Sam boys are into EVERYTHING!!!! Love ya! Oh, and I enjoy cadbury eggs too...but my weakness is the creme filled kind :)

The Diehl Family said...

Oops! Mike'll kill me if I don't clarify that the last comment was me :) Love ya, Mares :)

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...