Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pillow Talk


Okay, I am going to need all of your help on this one. I am in desperate need of a new pillow and for some reason, I can't seem to buy the right one. I have gone through 4 pillows in the last year and NONE of them have been quite right. Spence can sleep with the same one for years and not care, but I guess I am a little particular. I am mainly a side sleeper, but sometimes end up on my stomach, so I have bought these types of pillows before, but to no avail. I have bought expensive ones and they don't seem to work, so I bought a cheap one at Target last week, and it REALLY doesn't work. So, now it is your turn to tell me what and which pillows you use that you absolutely LOVE - I really want to love my pillow - HELP!!

8 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

OK, so after nearly 6 years of marriage on the same VERY flat pillows, Todd and I decided we should probably get some new ones. We found some down pillows at Costco that I think are between $30 and $40 each. It actually took me a couple of weeks to get used to mine, but Todd loved his right away. I think I just need mine to be broken in before I actually started liking it. Now, it seems to be good!

Cindy said...

I LOVE when you get new pillows! It means I get the old ones. So, in that case, I prefer the more expensive choice....the more the better is what I say! $$$$$

Love you Julie!

Rosemary and Rick said...

I totally know how you feel! When you find a good one, let us know because we have the same problem. Rick is a lot pickier than I am in that dept, but I could use a new one too!

Cindy said...

I was at cluttered, colorful TJ Max yesterday looking at pillows and thought you might want to give them a chance. Who knows? Seems like they have a descent selection. My one recommendation: don't even think about taking Grady boy in that store with you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Julie, my mouth is just hanging here open, have we said soul sisters before??!! I have been looking for the right pillow for the last few months also! And I just returned the really bad one from Target! I've also returned to Mervyns, JC Penny, Wal Mart, and a store in SD. I also hate, but can't return, those memory foam pillows that are the absolute worst! I'm so tired of a kinked neck and no sleep, so i'll be checking your comments for the answer! And I'll let you know if I find "THE ONE"!!

Natalie Winquist said...

I'm retarded cause I think I've had the same pillow for years- and it was probably the cheapest one Target had! goes to show how i could sleep on a hardwood floor w/only a blanket! maybe that's why i have such bad back & neck!! haha! and here i am spending big bucks on chiropractors & physical therapy when all i probably need is a quality pillow!!! please share the good finds! xoxo

Sarah Flint said...

I 100 % agree with Melissa, Costco has the BEST pillows! We didn't get the down ones but they have a few different kinds and we love ours. Hope you have some luck!!

Melanie Bingham said...

Great job on the family song yesteray!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...