Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oh By GOLLY


We had SUCH a great Christmas this year- isn't it always though?? We started the week off by Cindy and I taking the kiddos up to Idaho on Monday morning, and Spence stayed here to work a bit at the office and then at the house(we had a few unfinished items to take care of from the 5 month ago remodel - ugh). He and Brent came up on Wednesday morning to be with everyone and then the games began, well I guess just one game began. We probably played Ticket to Ride(if you read this blog, you know that is my fav game) about 25 times - we LOVE it! I don't think we even played any other games until Sunday night! Even Kendalyn and Sara play now, so it is so fun.
We ate, we ate some more, we bowled (it's a family tradition that we LOVE),

we had our fancy Christmas Eve dinner at Troy and Heidi's (my bro. and sis-in-law)
which is always so fun and she really makes it beautiful and yummy,


we had a lot of throw-up going on - yep, Adri, Kendalyn, Grady, and Cindy all got the yucky bug and it was SO gross but short-lived,

Poor Adri trying hard not to still be sick..
we played Catch Phrase and laughed SO much, we put together a 1000-piece puzzle that I DO NOT recommend, and we gave Brent funny presents that he really doesn't want,
but that we thought were hilarious! Anyway, besides the sickness, it really was so fun and my mom and dad always make it that way - they give up their nicely run home for a bunch of crazy, loud people who make a HUGE mess.

They made a TON of food and did a lot of cleaning up (we DID help though:)!!! Thanks for a WONDERFUL Chistmas mom, dad and FAM!!!

6 comments:

Debi and Craig said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! I wish I could have talked to you for a minute at church Sunday but I felt like I was stuck in a tidal wave of people. That's what it always feels like in that hallway. ;) Anyway it was good to see you for that split second. Hope you have a great New Years!!

Melanie Bingham said...

My brothers fam is into ticket to ride and they usually bring it to the cabin...I have never won until this past weekend! WAHOOO

Lori said...

I wish I could reach through the screen and hug your family! Love them all.

Oh... by the way... I still haven't made it to the post office. Don't put away all of your Christmas stuff, just yet. :-)

Michelle said...

I love your fam! Looks like you guys had a great time up there!

lisa said...

What great traditions-I love all the pictures! I didn't know they made batman undies in big boy sizes...that's too funny! I might have to get those for my brothers next year as a gag gift! Are the kids all better now?

Jenny H said...

What a cute family...I had neighbor treats to bring you guys, but Kira said you were in Idaho already (I was late)...But-Spencer was home, if I'd only known. He could've at least enjoyed them:)

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...