On Saturday night - we "Heart Attacked" the kids' doors. We just cut out a bunch of hearts and put them all over their doors - again, not much effort and not very original, but they LOVED it! On Valentine's Day, Spence got up and made heart-shaped pancakes, and they looked so cute (no pics because I was at choir practice and Spence doesn't think in blog terms). Later, for dinner we decided to do Hawaiian Haystacks. Now, I know you are wondering where the Valentine part of that is, but we took the rice (see pic) and put it
into a heart cookie cutter mold and voila - Heart Hawaiian Haystacks! We also had sparkling PINK juice in fancy goblets and RED candles in heart-shaped votive holders! We made heart sugar cookies with PINK frosting for dessert and they had a blast cutting out tiny, and huge hearts (again, no pics, but really can you blame me - we were busy with all this effort:)!
So, later on in life, or in a month or so, if they decide I am not very "cool" - I'm just going to whip out the old blog and show them what is what...
11 comments:
you are so cool... alas, I have great desires, but nothing so far. Maybe I will be a cool grandmother?!
Love it! The little hearts of rice are super cute and I'm sure your kiddos will remember them for a long time!
You win for being the cool mom by far! Too cute! I'll have to do the heart shaped rice sometime!
I'm sooo impressed, and yes, you are a cool mom!!! At least you cooked, we went out to dinner!! It's great being "OLD" see you soon, and thanks for being the host.
Cute idea Jules! I love the heart shaped rice for the haystacks! Very impressive! You are totally the COOL mom and always will be!
IMPRESSIVE!!!! I LOVE it!! Great job Julie. Those sweeties know their loved.
Was Grady not invited? :-)
You are totally a cool mom!! You could do that stuff for me too and I would think you are cool ALL the time.
Julie-
Love the Valentine's festivities. What great ideas.
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for the princess games. Curtis brought them up to the hospital tonight and it perked Leah right up. There are no words to say how I really feel. It means so much to me that you and your girls would be thinking of how to help her. THANK YOU a million times over.
Love,
Amanda
I'm confused? How are you not a cool mom??!! More like Super duper uber cool mom!! I'll steal this idea for next year...or give me a heads up for what you're going to do next!
way cute!! love it. announcing...you are officially, one of THOSE moms!!!
Post a Comment