Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tripity Trip!!

We had such a good time in Mexico - loved every minute of my laziness as well!  Really, I did work out the first 3 days and then I just sort of stopped and decided to do the lazy thing and I loved it!!  We started off at the Secrets Maroma  for 4 days and then went to Zoetry for the next 3 days and both reorts were SO amazing.  We had stayed at the Secrets Maroma last time and loved it and Zoetry was new for us and we loved it as well.  Their rooms don't have numbers, they have names.  Ours was Isfahan - I didn't remember it until the 3rd day there:)  All of the staff were so funny about us not drinking alchohol - especially at Zoetry because it is such a small resort (so small that the waiters usually memorize all of the guests names - impressive no??) that they started joking around and saying that they put extra shots of tequilla in our drinks or saying "oh, no alchohol right?" - it was hillarious!  Spence went diving one of the days and snorkeled a few times, but I really just stayed on the beach or by the pool and read my books - I got through 3 full books - that's how lazy I was!!  Spence even finished one whole book which is amazing for him - he never sits around an reads books.  My favorite drink on the trip was the Bahama Mama - SOOOOO GOOD!!  I think it is a mix of Pina Colada, Strawberry, and orange - amazing!  The food was amazing at both resorts, but again at Zoetry, it was just SO good!  The desserts there were fabulous too - hmmm.. see why I am having such a hard time thinking about cooking dinner tonight??
It was so fun just to hang with Spence and relax and not worry about anything for a week - we are SO glad that Cindy and my mom (especially my mom) took the kiddos and made it possible for us to even go!  Thanks you two!!  Here are some pics!

10 comments:

Jenny H said...

With a hot body like that, there's no need to work out! Extremely jealous of your trip. Looks like a dream! Glad you had a great time!

Cindy said...

Julie!! You look particularly beautiful in these pictures!! I love the room photos too...dreamy.

See you in a few weeks sis!!!

Krista said...

I'm a little jealous, but I'm glad you had fun. ;) The picture with the cabana bed-thing. HEAVEN!

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm so glad you put these up already! I can't wait to see more pics next time we hang out. I was so jealous thinking of you guys being there all last week!

Hyde Family said...

WOw!! you are definately the one to come to when Tucker and I are ready to plan!!! IT looks gorgeous, not to mention the hot mamma lounging with a book!!
Oh to be tan!!!
I just love you guys!

MomMitchell said...

Looks like it was a great,relaxing vacation, which you deserved!! Your place looks so nice, I just may have to visit there next time we go, any place with sun is my kind of vacation!!

Mitchell Family said...

looks divine! planning one for jer and i and will have to get some tips! gorg!!!!

Jodie Edgington said...

Good for you Julie! I'm glad it went so well!!

Michelle said...

How fun! I am totally jealous! I love Cancun! It's absolutely gorgeous there! My favorite part of going on warm vacations is sitting in the sun reading too! Love it!

Sara said...

Im so glad you both had a great time! The resort and everything looks so beautiful!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...