Thursday, September 2, 2010

So you say it's your Birrrrrthday....

We started off this 33rd year of Spence's life with morning presents - and he was SUPER surprised (thanks Brent)!  We gave him (as we always do) Craklin' Oat Bran for breakfast because that is his absolute favorite cereal and since it is SUPERLY OVER-PRICED, we never get it.  I bought two and wrapped them together and he (for once) didn't know what it was - so sneaky... 

The real present was a ticket to the Utah/Notre Dame game @ Notre Dame (am I spelling this right?)- he had no clue I was doing that and Brent totally helped me out on it.  They are going together, so it should be super fun.
I also made coconut cupcakes, which is now a tradition and he LOVED them - they really are super good, so if you want the recipe, let me know...  Then he was off to the opening Utah game - nice B-day eh!

I also found out that he shares the same B-day as these fancy people:

1966 - Salma Hayek

1964 - Keanu Reeves

1952 - Jimmy Connors

1948 - Terry Bradshaw

Fancy shmancy....Happy Birthday - I LUV you....

7 comments:

Sara said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Spence! Sorry we missed it! Jules...the game was a great idea. I bet he will love it!

Sara said...

OOOh...and I would love the recipe! :)

Jenny H said...

What a great wife...Blair would be LOVING that gift.
Those cupcakes look delish. Wasn't the game awesome last night? A great extra birthday gift. Happy Birthday Spence!

Cindy said...

Whoa!! Great present idea Julie! I see that you went to the more creative source of Brenty for the perfect gift idea...and you nailed it! Perfect. And the cupcakes, yum. Cute kids too. :)

Lori said...

YAY for Cracklin' Oat Bran! So good and so expensive. My mom bought that once and Lyn and I ate the entire box and she got mad at us. Haha! She said... "Why do I buy good food? You guys just eat it!"

Todd and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Spence! Those cupcakes look delicious!

Todd and Melissa said...

How did little Izzie not make the fancy people list?? :)

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...