 |
| Of course, we can NEVER get a good "entrance" picture - the sun in the eyes is just too much to handle:) |
We were THRILLED to go back to Disneyland this year - you know, I think it should be a yearly thing and while Spence loves it too, he's just not sure about once a year - but we went anyway!! Last year's experience, while amazing and fun, was FREEZING, so I was hoping like crazy that it would be warm and it was - yay!! We had the most amazing weather. The kids and Spence were in shorts all week with only a jacket at night. In fact, the day we got to L.A., it was like 83 degrees - so great! We even went swimming in the pool and didn't freeze - well, we means Spence and the kids, but I watched:)

We got to spend 4 days at the park this year and we really lived it up every day. We saw SO many characters because it wasn't too busy and we got quite a few pictures with them. The girls still liked meeting them, but it definitely was not a priority to meet them like it has been in the past - they are just TOO grownup!! The favorite ride this year for the girls was California Screamin'. Not sure how many times exactly they went, but it was at least 3 or 4 a day - they couldn't get enough. Adri was tall enough for every ride this year and she loved it. Grady, on the other hand, was just barely below the line - we're talking BARELY - but of course every worker had a different opinion of whether or not he could go on the ride. Sometimes he made it in, only to wait for 10 minutes and get told he was too short. Other times he made it all the way - and he was SO thrilled when this happened. He would walk around yelling, "I'm taller now" to anyone who would listen, it was pretty cute. Spence finally got the brilliant idea on the 3rd day to make Grady taller - oh, you didn't know you could do this?? Well, all you need is 4 Disneyland maps and a kid who doesn't complain about the "tight" shoes and you're solid:)


It really worked!! He got to go on all of the rides and absolutely LOVED it! He even went on Tower of Terror and loved it - the girls were much too wimpy for that this year - Kendalyn only did it once and Adri wasn't even going to go there.
We had a GREAT time - the only bad part was the drive - oh, did I mention we drove? No? YUCK!! I don't ever want to do it again, but I'll probably forget by next year and we'll pile in again to make our way to my favorite place on earth...
Oh, there are a TON of pics - sorry!!
 |
| Fun, new picture spot in California Adventures |
 |
| I know, we couldn't stop laughing at what a goofball he is!! |
 |
| She got the WHEEL seat on Indiana Jones |
 |
| All tuckered out after a long day.. |
 |
| Ice cream break - um..that shine on my forehead is definitely cute... |
 |
| The end of a great last day!! |
7 comments:
I know our family wouldn't mind going yearly - even going twice last year wasn't enough! I can't wait until my kids are tall enough for everything- looks like so much fun!
It really IS the happiest place on earth! So glad you guys had a fun time! My fav pic is the one of Grady Boy on the carousel(sp?) Loved it!!!
that pic of grady is classic! looks like you all had so much fun!!! Is it bad I'm ready to go back with my family and we just went. don't judge me...i think we'll go back this fall. yikes! the driving thing i hear you! hate it but the end result...it's all it takes to get you there!!! love the maps in the shoe...tell spencer he's brilliant!!
Love it! So glad you had fun...and good weather!! We were just recently talking about how soon we could make it back to disneyland. It is the greatest vacation to take with kids!
Great pics Jules!
i'm jealous. looks so fun!
Disneyland is really the greatest place on earth, I could go once a month!! Fun pictures
Post a Comment