Sunday, September 30, 2012

New York....we just can't get ENOUGH!!

Spence and I were lucky enough to be able to go to NYC this last July and it really was such a great trip!  We wanted to go see Brenty boy's apartment and just hang with him for a week - oh, and see some great shows and eat some really great food:).  Brent also usually has cars for work, so he was able to pick us up and take us back to the airport - super nice.
We got there on a Sunday night and went to dinner at Patsy's (of course) with Brent and our friend Mike, and it was as delish as always.  We walked around Riverside Park to watch the sunset - beautiful, and then went to Brent's super nice apartment (seriously, this is a BIG place and he has a washer and dryer - totally unheard of there), and he made us my mom's famous choc. chip cookies and we played Ticket to Ride with his friend Jasmine - she's a total gamer - love!!  The rest of the week consisted of Spence and I sleeping in, working out (I know!!!), EATING, and walking EVERYWHERE!!  We love seeing the city, so we typically walk everywhere we can.  I really only gained about 2 pounds and it is only because we walked so stinking much!!  We had so many desserts - we literally said no to nothing!!  





Monday, we went to the Intrepid and were able to see the space shuttle exhibit which had just opened only a few days before,  had some famous street meat, and went to Jimmy Fallon with Brent and Jas.  It was SUCH a fun live show to be at, and Spence and I got a high five from Fallon at the end - we are totally cool now!!  We then ate at Henry's (a really great place by Brent's house) and then went to Jasmine's to play more Ticket, followed by Vive la Crepe - see, we just couldn't say no!!







We did the 9/11 Memorial on Tuesday and that was really amazing.  There is still a ton of construction going on, but the waterfall memorials were so beautiful.  We went to the Bodies Exhibit after that and although it was neat, I was kind of grossed out at the same time.  We met Brent for lunch at Num Pang,  (a total dive -looking place) that was SO amazing!!  After that, you guessed it, Max Brenner's for dessert!!  We happened to be walking by the house that Teddy Roosevelt was born in and were able to get a tour.  I really loved it!  The tour guide was SO strange and gave us so many great quotes to laugh at later, but it really was interesting.  Spence and I went to Bobby Flay's Bar Americain for dinner that night and we loved it.  We have been wanting to go there for awhile, and it didn't disappoint.  We saw Cirque du Soleil - Zarkana at Radio City Music Hall that night and LOVED it!!  I would love to take my kids to the Vegas show that is coming soon. We had to get a cupcake from Magnolia's right after of course!




At Num Pang







Wednesday, we shopped 5th Ave. for the kiddos with a trip to the Lego Store for Grady boy and the American Girl store for Adri.  We met Brent a Shake Shack for lunch, then walked down to our reservations (yes, you have to reserve) at Serendipity for our dessert of course.  We then rode the tram over to Roosevelt Island for a walk and to take in the beautiful view.  We stopped at Dylan's Candy Bar on the way home for Kendalyn (cute gifts + candy).  We saw Memphis that night with Brent and Jas, and it was an amazing show - I totally recommend it!
American Girl Doll store - a violin for Adri's doll - too cute!!
Lego store - it was Grady's DREAM store...

Shake Shack - totally legit YUMMINESS




Spence got the Pineapple frozen drink which we all agreed was better..
On the tram..
Roosevelt Island view..
Dylan's Candy Bar




Thursday, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I had been a few years ago, but Spence hadn't been, so that was fun to walk around together.  Brent then came and picked us up and we went to Rosa Mexicano for lunch - really good mexican food, which is hard to find in the city apparently.  We then stopped at Levain Bakery for some HUGE, amazingly delicious cookies and then went to Brent's place and chilled.  We decided to go see Katy Perry's movie (SO good) before going to Karaoke.  Brent has told me about these Karaoke bars they go to in Korea town, and it was the one thing I really wanted to do while we were there.  So Brent reserved a room for about 8, and invited some roommates and friends to come along - I LOVED it!!  I wish they had them here!!  You don't have to sing in front of total strangers or drunks - just friends!!  Brent and I sang Summer Lovin' - and totally rocked it!!  It was a fun night followed by Vive la Crepe of course!!  Seriously, at this point can you believe I didn't gain 10 pounds!!!

The cookies at Levain - they were HUGE!!







Friday, we did a little more shopping, then went to the park and rented bikes.  We rode through the park for about an hour and then met Brent for lunch.  We went to a place called Dogmatic, where they take a smallish sourdough baguette and core it out and then fill it with the gourmet hot dog and sauces - so DELISH!!!  We then went and grabbed some Banana Pudding at Magnolia - you HAVE to get this if you go - it is AMAZING - and headed to the airport!!!


Anyway, we had an AMAZING time and thanks to my cute mom for watching my cute kiddos and to  Brent for such an awesome trip!!  It wouldn't have been the same without you....

5 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

I've been waiting for these pics forever! I'm glad you had so much fun! And I am very impressed with only 2 pounds. :)

Sara said...

Ohhhhhhh... I want a shake shack. My dad talks about it all of the TIME!!!!! Gotta go to NYC!! You are awesome Jules!!!

Cindy said...

What a fun update! Fun with Brent too. Lucky :)

Blake and Holly said...

What a FUN, Yummy trip! You need to get me details of all those places so we can eat at them when we go! Fun pics!

Amanda B. said...

You guys are such travelers! Love all the food destinations. That is so fun. And Curtis and I (plus friends) once visited a similar karaoke bar in the China town area of Honolulu. We still laugh about it to this day. Such fun memories.

P.S. Such a cute girl that Brent is dating. :)

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...