Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy 31st Spence


So I just wanted to give a shout-out to Spence on his B-day, since he is off camping for a few days. I was having a hard time with a gift this year and I couldn't help but think that it has only been 10 years, and I still have a ton of b-days to think of in the future - ugh! I will try not to get cheesy and sappy but you never know:) Over the last 10 years, I have gotten to know Spence just a little and there are a few things that I have learned about him:
1 - He is VERY organized and can't stand to have anything (and I mean anything) out of it's perfect spot
2 - When I am out of town, he will ALWAYS clean the house perfectly and have it smelling good when I return - (I love this one:)
3 - He loves sports - watching and playing and is a HUGE Utah fan - I have since been converted as well.
4 - He loves to play games and win - yes, this has been a source of some contention in our home, but he has learned to tone down the competitive side with me a bit.
5 - He is kind of a money Nazi (is that okay to say?) - by this I mean that he likes to track everything we have spent, and then put it in some money program on the computer. He really loves this so I just go along with it and it is good for me since I tend not to think about things like that
6 - He is a great dad and husband and I know there are a zillion more things I could write about Spence that are funny and fabulous, but I think it would bore all but me:) I love you babe - Happy Birthday!!!

7 comments:

holly said...

Happy Birthday, Spencer! We miss you guys and are excited to see you more next year...:)
Brian and I laugh a lot about how much we like you guys. We've NEVER been such good friends with Utes before. ;)

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday to Spence! How great that he cleans the house for you! What a guy!

lisa said...

I know a few more things about Spence, but I won't let him in on it! Happy Birthday Spence! Jules-you're such a cute wife to post something for him!

Todd and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Spence! We hope you had fun camping and we're ready to go celebrate next week with some sushi . . .

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! Hope that you had a great one! Jules I loved hearing some new things about Spencer! Great idea!

Natalie Winquist said...

I'm sorry we missed his birthday!!!
Happy belated Spence!! You're a great husband & a wonderful father!! Hope it was a good one! We'll have to do our best to get together soon for dinner or something for a little belated celebration!!! (you can't replace a man who cleans for ya ;0)

AJ Gorham said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...