Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back to LIFE, Back to REALITY





















We just got back from a week of the most relaxing, fun, and yummy trip I have ever been on. We went to Mexico with my cousin Todd (also Spence's friend which is how we met:)and his wife Melissa. We stayed just out of Playa Del Carmen and Cancun in an ALL INCLUSIVE resort and it was FAB! Meliss and I usually hung on the beach while the guys kayaked, snorkeled, trampoline bungee jumping, and did a variety of other guy things that Spence loves. We visited Tulum which was really interesting and the ocean was so beautiful there. Once the Stettlers(Adam and Megan, more good friends who couldn't come until Saturday) arrived, we took the ferry to Cozumel and the boys went Scuba Diving. I got so seasick on the ferry that the whole day was kind of yucky for me, but I did snorkel for a bit and it was fun. The most exciting/yucky part of the whole trip was the Cenote we went to swim in. They have them all over and they usually cost to get in and are fresh water and completely clear Well, we decided to go to a FREE one, and it was filled with algae and the hike to it was muddy and disgusting! We were freakin (Meliss and I) but I guess it is something to laugh about now. Our car was sooo funny too. We got to the rental place and we had booked one of their cheapest cars - a Chevy Chevy. Well, they were so kind that they gave us a 4 * upgrade to some kind of Ford. While we were waiting for them to bring the car around, we were all picturing this big Ford Explorer or something, when suddenly our car pulls up, and what is it you ask, a Ford Fiesta! It is one of Ford's smallest cars, and it was a stick shift! Anyway, it was funny and we did manage to fit us and all of our luggage which is all you can ask for right?!? Such a fun trip and thanks to Todd and Meliss for planning and making it so fun and my cute mom who made it possible for us to go by watching our kiddos! Anyway, now it is back to no beach, cold weather, no room service, making my own bed, washing my own towels, and making my own meals - basically LIFE...

14 comments:

Jenny H said...

I sooooo want a vacation with just Blair and I and no kiddos. How fun to go with good friends and relax!!! Glad you are back;)

Nat and Justin said...

That's funny...my brother Kirk and his fam were there this last week too. I'm jealous - It looks like a blast! How great that you two had a chance to spend some time together! :)

holly said...

You guys are seriously living a much more fun life than we are. We might not be able to be friends next year...;)

Our Family said...

Look at you all tanned and sipping on a Pina Colada! I am so jealous! I could use a vacation right now.
Brit

Natalie Winquist said...

I would be fiercely jealous & somewhat resentful- except for the fact that I darn well better be sipping on my own pina coladas on the beach in Kauai in less than 3 weeks!! However- I do know that I won't look nearly as adorable as you do in your pics! Let's face it Jules- you're just a babe!!! Glad you had fun- welcome back to reality!! We missed ya!!! xoxo nat

Michelle said...

How fun is that! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! It makes me want to go back to Cancun!

Brooke said...

Jules, I am so so jealous. That is where Brad and I went on our honeymoon and I am dying to go back. Nothing is better than a true vacation minus the kids! I am so glad you had fun and we missed you!

Lori said...

It all looks fantastic. If I didn't know you better, I'd think you were all drinking out of the same glass. :)

o said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!! I don't think there is anything better than relaxing on the beach. Glad you guys had a great time:)

Todd and Melissa said...

Love it! Your pics are way better than ours! You're burning a disk for us right? :) Such a fun trip and we can't wait for our next one. I hope we have SUN everyday all day next time! :)

Amanda B. said...

Looks like such a great trip! You and Spence are so cute!

Tami Harris said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time. Isn't it so awesome there? It's a bummer to get so spoiled and then have to give it up and change rolls back in the real life huh! :)

Jodie Edgington said...

That looked like the most seriously perfect trip ever...minus the sea sickness. It's an awful awful thing isn't it?! Such great pictures! Wow!!

Melanie Bingham said...

HOw fun! I think if possible you were still floating on the post vacation high at church today (I'm jealous)! You're a babe, ok so is Spence.. you're a babalicious couple....I forgot to tell you I read with Kendalyn at school on Wednesday and she did awesome!

Piano Recital

We have THE BEST piano teacher ever! She is actually in our ward and one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you have ever met! My girls LOVE go...