This year, Kendalyn has been taking group piano lessons and I can't believe all the stuff she has learned. Amy (our Musikgarten teacher) has taught them in such a different way than I learned, so it has been so interesting to see what Kendalyn can do and with only one year behind her. She teaches them to listen to the song, use a do-re-mi pattern, sing it, and then play it. Kendalyn can play about 20 songs and she can play them in 3 or 4 different keys - which is PURE AMAZING to me. I took lessons for 10 years and I am now learning how to take a song and put it in a different key from my 8-year old - CRAZY!!! She also has learned how to compose, and they had to play an actual song they composed at their recital. Anyway, she has LOVED her lessons and will be moving to private next year - but we are so proud at how well she has learned and how great she is at practicing - hopefully it will stick!!!
With Teacher Amy - we LOVE her!
Explaining what she will be playing
Playing while the others sang and played different instruments
Doing a FUN song they surprised us with
Getting her Certificate and a Medal around her neck
With the "Moms"
With Grandma Thurgood and Great-Grandma Petterborg
8 comments:
What a cutie!!! I love this post Julie! Love you!
It's amazing to me what kids do now, your so lucky she wants to take piano, and loves it so much. Can you believe I am commenting on your blog? just learning to do this and having so much fun leaving my comments. You do an amazing job at writing and love all the photo's. Glad your mom got to come spent a few days with you.
Beth
Good job Kendalyn!! That is exciting!
Don't worry, Julie. I've played the piano my whole life and would need some help playing a song in different keys too. Maybe I should sign up for lessons with Amy. Seriously- isn't she great?!
Love the picture of Kendalyn with her grandma's. Priceless!
Go Kendalyn! Have to admit, never could do it! By the way...good job on getting a new cast for the boy! i would have done the same thing!!!
That is so cool!
Good job Kendalyn! I wish I could play the piano. :)
THis is amazing! What a great class and teacher. Riv has been begging to take lessons. I guess I better bite the bullet...before he changes his mind!
PS you and Kendalyn are sooo pretty!
She looks TOO grown up in those pictures! Argh! I bet she'll keep playing and LOVE it! At least until she's a teenager!!
Post a Comment